In this last article, we show you in more detail how to explore and find your own insights using the International Trade Graph Explorer tool.
All companies in this view have traded at least 3 goods in common, limited at 1000 nodes with Baker Hughes (BH).
You might use this graph for this focus company or others to:
- Investigate UK Oil & Gas supply and delivery relationships and trading patterns into and out of the UK
- Assess opportunities for supplying established operators by discovering types of goods imported/exported
- Discover lesser known suppliers of goods for energy contracts worldwide
Highly competitive oil services businesses trading in similar goods
Recognised majors, obvious competitors
- Approx 25 major international business who import similar goods as BH which shows consistency in the oil services supply chain
- Goods could be for assembly, manufacture or supply on major oil construction/maintenance contracts around the world. Businesses are probably in direct competition with BH. Goods could also be supplied by the same foreign suppliers.
- In this view, only 4 business export similar goods to BH. 3 of them are not direct competitors in the sense of EPC – Engineering, Procurement, Construction – contractors. They share only the Procurement component, probably engaged by other oil services businesses in support of maintenance contracts
- Beyond the red arc shown, these goods are not exported by BH, although BH is importing these goods.
Clusters of goods show Baker has some unique trading patterns
1&2 Shows exported (1) and imported (2) goods that are unique to BH in this view. This could be a unique contract or that BH has a niche business that others don’t have
3&4 These goods are also uniquely exported with at least three other businesses as shown by the connections.
To reproduce this view and explore the goods select Baker Hughes from the drop down. Click Align and position company nodes as required. Try drilling down on companies or setting Goods in common to 2.
DISCLAIMER: Whilst we have made every effort to ensure that this data is accurate, this is a free tool in beta and we make no warranties or guarantees on the use of the information. Interpretations are entirely our own based on observed trade movements. Includes data from uktradeinfo.com. For further information about our products and services please contact us.